Express Entry is designed to facilitate express immigration of skilled workers to Canada who are most likely to succeed economically under the following sub classes along with certain PNPs:
FSW (Federal Skilled Worker Programme)
FST (Federal Skilled Trades Programme)
CEC (Canadian Experience Class)
Express Entry uses a points-based system, called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), to automatically rank interested candidates and select the most competitive for immigration.
The core factors considered are:
- Level of education
- Work Experience
- Language proficiency in English and/or French
- Canadian work experience
- Spouse’s Level of Education
- Spouse’s Language proficiency
- Arranged Employment
- Studies In Canada
- Nomination from a Province
Express Entry Process for FSW, FST, CEC, and PNP Candidates
- Expression of interest: Foreign national creates Express Entry online profile and are allotted 60 days to complete the profile.
- Each applicant is given a CRS score which ranks them as per their credentials.
- Eligible applicants receive ITA (Invitation to Apply) and candidate may register with Job Bank to find work.
- Applicants have 60 days to submit a complete permanent residence application or elect to remain in the pool for up to 12 months if they want to wait for job offer.