The most searched set of words lately in regards to Immigration to Canada, does justice to its name. It is indeed the express way to obtain Permanent Residency in Canada. Succeeding the obsolete first come-first serve system of managing and processing permanent residency applications this highly efficient and swift electronic application management system came into existence since January 1, 2015.
Express Entry is designed to facilitate express immigration of skilled workers to Canada who are most likely to succeed economically under the following sub classes along with certain PNPs:
FSW (Federal Skilled Worker Programme)
FST (Federal Skilled Trades Programme)
CEC (Canadian Experience Class)
Express Entry uses a points-based system, called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), to automatically rank interested candidates and select the most competitive for immigration.
The core factors considered are:
- Level of education
- Work Experience
- Language proficiency in English and/or French
- Canadian work experience
- Spouse’s Level of Education
- Spouse’s Language proficiency
- Arranged Employment
- Studies In Canada
- Nomination from a Province
Express Entry Process for FSW, FST, CEC, and PNP Candidates
- Expression of interest: Foreign national creates Express Entry online profile and are allotted 60 days to complete the profile.
- Each applicant is given a CRS score which ranks them as per their credentials.
- Eligible applicants receive ITA (Invitation to Apply) and candidate may register with Job Bank to find work.
- Applicants have 60 days to submit a complete permanent residence application or elect to remain in the pool for up to 12 months if they want to wait for job offer.
1 Step 1