Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)

Another classic example of Canadian Immigration system’s approach to retain individuals who can easily integrate into Canadian society and can become economical self sufficient.

Students who have graduated from a designated Canadian post-secondary institution can apply for a post-graduation work permit to gain valuable Canadian work experience which in turn takes them a step closer to their transition from a Temporary resident to a permanent resident of Canada.

First things first, please make sure you select a school for your studies that’s a designated learning institution with a DLI number and don’t forget to verify it on IRCC website. Please note that not all DLIs are eligible for PGWP.

PGWP is a LMIA exempt Open Work-permit which allows the graduates to work with any employer anywhere in Canada without the need of a job offer.

Once the PGWP expires, the student must apply for an LMIA to maintain their work permit status.

Post graduation Work Permit is such a unique window of opportunity provided in the Canadian Immigration framework that missing it would mean jeopardising an applicant’s chances and hopes of transitioning from a Temporary status to a Permanent status. If you are planning to apply for a PGWP on your own, we wish you the best of success but if you have slightest of doubts, lets chalk out a plan together and make your transition to Permanent Residency a smooth one.

Contact Us

1 Step 1
reCaptcha v3